Saturday, October 14, 2017

31 Nights of Halloween - Night 14: Neon Noodle!

As I said on night one of this journey through the Halloween shadowlands, mystery is the cousin to horror. Many of the trappings and tropes of both genres are shared between them, from the umbral lighting (which is an oxymoron, really) to the sense of unavoidable doom. Mix them together liberally in a Looney Tunes blender, throw in a good dollop of Dick Tracy's rogue's gallery, and let Daffy Duck loose in this madhouse; the result is an almost surreal, and, perhaps, slightly eerie bit of weirdness. How is it Halloween-related, you ask? Take a look at those villains! And those nightmarishly amorphous backgrounds! Spooky stuff underlies the cartoonish mayhem here.


2 comments:

  1. Holy moley on that rogue's gallery.

    I feel like I've been dosed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent far too much time the other night trying to do an impression of "I'LL RBBBBUUBBB YA OUT, SEE? I'LL RRBBBUUBBB YA OUT!"

      Delete